WHERE ELSE CAN I GET HELP?
Invisible Hands picks up groceries and delivers to people and may be able to assist in your neighborhood. The organization does not pay for groceries but may be able to pick up from food pantries and pet food giveaways.
If you are disabled and need assistance caring for your pet, please contact PAWS NY. PAWS NY provides physical assistance but not financial assistance. They have suspended services during the pandemic, but will resume when it subsides.
Best Friends is offering free veterinary consultations for 30 days to people unable to leave their homes through their Best Friends Vet Access app when you use the code BFHELPS. Calls can be recorded and the service will be offered 24 hours a day. If you need medical assistance for your pet, please take advantage of this temporarily free service. Please note, the code BFHELPS is valid for 30 days, and the service is $12.99 after that unless canceled.
LOUISE’S PANTRY (human food pantry that has dog & cat food delivered by Community Pets)
Pet food pick up is ONCE PER MONTH PER CLIENT. Bring ID.
The hours have been changed to Wednesdays 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM & Thursdays 10AM – 12PM
406 E. 184 St (between Park & Webster Aves), Bronx 646-713-2732 (no need for clients to call first)
On Wednesdays (830 – 930 am) try to arrive between 8 and 830 am as there is a long line.
On Thursdays (10 am – 12 noon) ring the bell and say you are there for pet food.
In Bay Ridge, free pet food can be picked up at My Natural Pet, 8318 Fifth Ave, Mondays and Thursdays 12-2 pm. At the same time State Sen Gounardes will be offering free people food at his office close by at 8018 Fifth Ave.
Council of Jewish Organizations of SI: Jewish Community Center Food Pantry
- Location: 1466 Manor Rd, 10314 Staten Island, NY 10314
- Phone: (718) 475-5242
- They occasionally carry pet food and upon request will order it. They take people by appointment ONLY so clients need to call beforehand to set up an appointment
- Location: 514 Bay St. Staten Island, NY 10304
- Phone: (718) 815-0800
- Requirements: proper ID, proof of household, proof of address, and your own bags
J.I.T.A. Community Outreach
- Location: 103-02 171st Jamaica, NY 11433
- Phone: (718) 908-6303
- Hours: Tues and Sat 3PM-5PM
- CALL FIRST to see if donated food is available. Have not received donated pet food recently